Monday, January 22, 2007

On the Peninsula


Coromandel 020
Originally uploaded by Cooky2.
There is this beautiful piece of paradise just up past Coromandel called Papa Aroha. We stayed there at the campsite for two nights in the tiniest little cabin imaginable.
You'd have trouble getting a cat in the door, let alone swing it!
Lucky we only really had to sleep in it, which we did as we were so tired swimming in the sea and exploring along the beach and playing scrabble and dominos till all hours.
The weather was warm, the sea was lovely when you got in and the boogie board got well used. The beach was stoney though and all along, there were loads of scallop shells, having been cracked open by the gulls and relieved of the succulent morsels.
The drive up around the coastline is spectacular to say the least and as we left there and meandered our way back down, promises were made to return sometime in the future...........

1 comment:

David said...

Hi there, I found your entry on Papa Aroha. I'm so glad you enjoyed that little piece of paradise. When you walked across from the camping ground to the sandy end of the beach you found my home. If remember looking back at the house on the hill thats it. I live in Japan now yet my heart is back here. I'm just so glad that you obviously enjoyed its magic as much as I know.