Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Heavy Metal rocks!


A few weeks ago I went to watch the heavy death metal band, Necroternal. I thought I'd better go along and see what it was all about, since I am sort of related to one of the band.
I took my neighbour and her teenage daughter (who was suitably attired with piercings in all the right places and the weird hair etc).

The place: A pub in the town
The atmosphere: Buzzing with expectancy
The crowd: Average age of twenty-five
The drinks: Flowing nicely

Necroternal came on as the second act, the crowd went wild! The head nodding began! These guys have a following here I could tell. The singer called out "Ready for some Country and Western?" Reah right!
The band then launched into a cataclysm of heavy sounds with the throaty growls of the singer just audible above the drummer's frenetic pace.

I have to say that it was an experience I wouldn't have missed for the world, but then I am somewhat biased.....Check them out here

No comments: