Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Radisson




So, here I am in a swanky hotel in downtown LA, not knowing a soul and feeling like two sandwiches short of a picnic.
The room was marvellous and the bed big enough for 4 of me, a huge TV, Internet wireless connection and a beautiful sort of Italian bathroom. All I could do was load up on painkillers and go to sleep. I first organised a wake up call and checked out the Airport shuttle service.

In the morning........
I looked out at a gloriously fine day and the view from the 8th floor was stunning! Why am I here like this and unable to enjoy all this? I asked myself.
The shuttle transported me magically to the right departure area for my flight to Pittsburgh and I had a great seat, comfortable and plenty of legroom. I was feeling a bit better by now so I did actually enjoy the 3rd leg.

I was so glad to see Helen at the baggage claim area. I know she was relieved to see me as well! She even bought me a salad to eat on the drive to Morgantown. The first of many it seems; Ahhhh, the South Beach diet!

Darwin (the Jeep) knows the road between Pittsburgh and Morgantown very well and in the past week we have been up and back twice, crossing between West Virginia and Pennsylvania. The countryside is so beautiful with quite a few of the trees on the turn towards Winter. Soon there will be amazing colour everywhere; I may get to see some more of it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to America!