Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Good morning America

On the flight from Auckland I sat next to a fellow New Zealand woman, so we sort of stuck together and went upstairs, where at least the ceiling fans were working. They provided some relief from the heat.

The shops charged like wounded bulls so I limited myself to only a couple of things. We re-boarded around 9.30 pm, but onto a different plane (still cramped seats). A very calm flight once again, however there is no way I can ever sleep on planes, so prepared myself for a rather uncomfortable 8 and a half hours.

About sunrise over the Pacific and a good three hours out from LA, I started to feel unwell despite doing all the "right" things. Lots of fluids and getting up and walking up and down the cabin. By the time we arrived at LAX I was not feeling good at all and it all went downhill from there.

My travel companion was marvellous and told the flight attendant who arranged a wheelchair for me. A most ignominious arrival at the Terminal!
At this point in my blog I do not wish to elaborate any further and so to cut a long story short, I ended up having an unscheduled stopover in the City of Angels. It was not a pleasant experience and one I would not wish to repeat. I did receive some insight as to the plight of the emergency health system in America however.

There is no photo for this post as taking snaps was not on my list of "must dos".




No comments: