Sunday, August 17, 2008

A mac is a mac is a mac


I have often wondered how a person feels when they sit with a mac on their lap.  Now I know, because I am one of them!  Many times I have thought I would make the change to something which is obviously a top of the line machine, in the outer case, hardware and software that “just works”. 


 Things I like about mac are, the robust and compact notebook style, the shiny white appearance, the glowing backlit apple on the top of the case, two finger scrolling, the really cool magnetic anti-trip power adapter and the equally magnetic close feature on the case.


Software and hardware that is happily married work as a team to produce the ease of functionality and user friendliness that is known to mac users worldwide.  The transfer of files is such a simple operation and even importing things such as address book files takes only a few clicks.  My favourite neat features include, the dashboard, photo booth and the stackability of the documents and downloads folders.  Drag and drop makes life simple, no complicated uninstalls and removals of unwanted applications.


Although I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that security is not such a big issue with mac, I feel tempted to download some sort of antvirus and anti spy/adware programs, that I for so long had to live with.  Maybe I will do some further research on this matter.  I do have the firewall switched on and this is some consolation in the meantime.  


Prestige comes from owning a mac and I feel quite snobby sometimes, until I think back to my early Windows days when I was so proud to even own a computer at all.  Ah what fun, all those mistakes and problems!  I feel I have earned the right to own this mac as a reward for those trying times.

 Macs are cool!



No comments: